Emerald Valor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Emerald Valor

For the members of the Emerald Valor guild.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

dreadsteed help

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Detrimental
Officer
Detrimental

dreadsteed help Empty
PostSubject: dreadsteed help   dreadsteed help Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 7:26 pm

As every high level warlock does, I need help with some of the series of quests to get the Summon Dreadsteed spell.

Arv said he coulod help me get the Dark Iron Ore and Arcanite rod. With all the back and forth, I expect I'll skin one more black dragon scale, but if anyone has or gets one, please let me know.

>> I will probably have to buy 2 elixirs of shadow power, unless there is a high level alchemist in the guild that can help me out.

>> All you chanters out there, can someone help me with 6 large brilliant shards?

>> An excort to Felwood would be appreciated to expedite the purchase of stardust, but if not I think I can handle it.

>> Who has the key to Scholomance? Who wants to go?

>> Who has the key to Dire Maul? Who wants to go? Lassy has graciously volunteered. Anyone else?

Thanks in advance Guildies

- Det
"now I want a faster pony"
Back to top Go down
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Cenarius&n=Detrim
Detrimental
Officer
Detrimental

dreadsteed help Empty
PostSubject: dreadsteed run   dreadsteed help Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 7:31 pm

How could I forget? Does anyone have, or know anyone who has the three re-useable items required for this quest?
J'eevee's Jar
Xorothian Glyphs
Black Lodestone

I'll buy them if I have to, but who wouldn't want to save 250g if they can?
Back to top Go down
Tuluwen
Admin
Tuluwen

dreadsteed help Empty
PostSubject: Re: dreadsteed help   dreadsteed help Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 9:59 pm

We have a friend who has all of them for sure. We'll get you hooked up.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Cenarius&n=Tuluwe
Arvernien
Fearless Leader

dreadsteed help Empty
PostSubject: Re: dreadsteed help   dreadsteed help Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 11:35 am

I have the 25 dark iron ore on hold for you and I can get you the arcanite bar.

I also have the scholo key and a few quests in there myself. When you get to that part let me know and I will join you.
Back to top Go down
Detrimental
Officer
Detrimental

dreadsteed help Empty
PostSubject: ready for Scholomance   dreadsteed help Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 12:51 pm

I have completed everything on my dreadsteed quest up to Scholomance. Big thanks to Arvernien, jathrin and Holyalmighty for assistance with the mats.

I would like to schedule a Scholomance run soonest. This weekend I'm unfortunately very busy with RL stuff, and I know it's short notice, but can anyone do this Friday 3/14 at 8:30 ST? If we can get a party together, great. If not, I'll keep trying for a weekday evening next week - suggestions welcome.

After Scholomance, there are only two things to do:
Turn in Arcanite bar - any word Arv?
Dire Maul, where I will need the expensive re-useable items, like the loadstone. Any word on those from Rative, Tulu/Annux?

So who's in for Scholo on Friday night?
Back to top Go down
Tuluwen
Admin
Tuluwen

dreadsteed help Empty
PostSubject: Re: dreadsteed help   dreadsteed help Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 1:54 pm

I would be happy to come help. Friday it is! And our friend would be more than happy to help you out. Do you need the items on Friday? If not, when would be best for you?
Back to top Go down
Detrimental
Officer
Detrimental

dreadsteed help Empty
PostSubject: Friday night   dreadsteed help Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 3:52 pm

The three items are required for Dire Maul, which is done after the turn in for Scholo.

I think it's unrealistic to think that we would do Scholo and Dire Maul in the same night, and I think some of us will want to look around a bit. I have other quests in those instances, and I'm sure some others (e.g. Arvernien) will too.

So, the short answer is no, don't need the three items tomorrow (Friday), but will need for the next installment, which I hope to do some weekday next week, although that means a late night for Central or Eastcoast time zones, so it may slip to next weekend. Is there a weekday night next week that would be best for you to stay up, Tulu?
Back to top Go down
Tuluwen
Admin
Tuluwen

dreadsteed help Empty
PostSubject: Re: dreadsteed help   dreadsteed help Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 4:26 pm

I'm actually taking next week off work, so any night will work. I think, though, that we are planning to go to Tulsa on Thursday. I will let you know if that changes.
Back to top Go down
Detrimental
Officer
Detrimental

dreadsteed help Empty
PostSubject: Det gets his (new and improved) pony   dreadsteed help Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 1:06 pm

Thanks to Arvernien, Haznabel and Stahr, last night Detrimental (64 level lock) was able to acquire the Dreadsteed spell. This epic tale deserves to be told because of the selfless sacrifices those three made. My recollection of the times may be off, so I'm rounding, but I do know what time we finished.

I was finally getting my new add-ons installed and was configuring them when Arvernien (70 level tank) came on about 10:00 and suggested we try for Dire Maul. Of the few guildies on at the time, none could help - everyone was ready to log, was in the midst of something else, or was not high enough level. The call went out to friend of the guild Haznabel (level 70 frost mage) who was still on. We especially looked for, and could not find, a healer to join our merry band. Haz said "well, let's try it anyway. If we wipe we can always try again." So the intrepid trio ported/flew/rode to Dire Maul to attempt this 5-person quest, starting about 10:30-ish (ST, which is 3 hours later for Haz).

The end-of-quest is in the West wing of Dire Maul, but no one had the key, so we had to go into the East wing to chase a stupid imp around to get the Crescent Key to open the West wing.

On our very first encounter inside the East wing, the trio wiped. Too many adds and a patrol to boot. After the ghost run back in, we took it a lot slower. Much drinking and eating along the way. More carefull pulling, etc. We managed to finally take down the imp and secure the key - for future reference, Arvernien, Detrimental and Haznabel now have the Crescent Key for access to the West wing of Dire Maul. We went out the wrong exit, and so had a long ride back to the entrance to the West wing.

So, on to the West wing. Sneaking around a very large rectangular chamber, the initial object was to destroy 5 glowing pylons - the method is to kill the dozen or so electrical elementals guarding each of them. One was right near the entrance. Two were up on the balcony and two were in the basement near the magic circle where we would confront several bosses and complete the quest. We errantly tried to go down first. Snuck up to the first boss guarding the door to the basement. He called in every mob from the surrounding main floor - man that was a fast wipe! Ghost run. We went up to the balcony as we should have, and found and destroyed the second pylon.

At this point, Stahr logged in (Level 62 Fire Mage - gratz). I think it was about 11:30. He agreed to join us, and Det was able to Summon him directly into the instance (Yay for patch 2.4!)

Fight, fight, fight, third pylon down (balcony). We now knew we had to kill every mob on the main floor, so we did, and then took out the first boss guarding the basement door - this time, cake. Into the basement. Cleared lots of wandering patrols. Stahr died, having been too close to one that exploded. Unfortunately, having been initially summoned into the instance, Stahr's ghost didn't know the way back in! We got it sorted, but it took a bit more time.

So, we ran into the circle, killed the second boss, and after some delays getting Stahr's add-ons sorted and Haz getting DC'd, Det let loose the imp who set up the bell, candle and wheel, which, in time, are supposed to cast a summoning circle for calling the dreadsteed. Det's job was to run around and keep these three objects "up" (by spending soul shards) for 6 minutes, while the tank and two mages - without a healer - had to fend off wave after wave after wave of imps and elite felguards. If all three items "fall" at the same time, the party would wipe, so the tank and mages also had to protect Det, who kept getting interrupted when trying to keep the objects up.

The battle seemed endless, but it was only 6 minutes. During the very last assault wave, one by one, Stahr, Arvernien and finally Haznabel died, leaving no-one to defend Det while he tried to keep the three items up so the 6-minute spell could complete. Now set upon by the very last 2 felguards and 3 imps, Det was stunned and unable to move or cast. It was with a feeling of sad inevitability that I watched Det's hit points plummeted. But then, just as Det's hit points fell past 5%, the summoning circle spell completed, and the mobs disappeared!

Yay, we juuuust made it! Although they all died in the process, Arv, Stahr and Haz lasted just long enough for the party to be successful.

The three ghosts ran back for the final battle. We rested up, drank, ate and quaffed, then summoned the horse, killed it and killed his "master" who showed up half-way through. With the party at full strength and fully buffed, and with Det now free to contribute a teensy bit more DPS, the last battle was anticlimactic and Det got the spell to summon the dreadsteed. Getting kicked 100 feet through the air was fun!

Effusive thanks and gratz all around, portal to Shattrath, a quick look at the new mount and everyone logged after 1:00 AM - that's 4:00 AM for Haznabel!

I believe there were a few more deaths in there - I used a soul stone at least once, and stahr had to run back again (knowing the way now) but the details are fuzzy. Death is so bad for your memory.

Now I don't have to worry about mounts for another 6 levels, but if any lock guildies ever needs the help, I'm keeping the expensive quest gear, and I now have the key and the experience so I'm always available to help.

Big shout out to Arverien, the incomparable tank, to Haznabel, a very coold frost mage, and to Stahr, without whom we could not have done it.
Back to top Go down
Haznabel

dreadsteed help Empty
PostSubject: Re: dreadsteed help   dreadsteed help Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 11:53 am

That is the second time I have helped a warlock get his mount without a healer and I think it will be the last time. Even a level 60 healer would have made a huge difference. Also, work sucked the next day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

dreadsteed help Empty
PostSubject: Re: dreadsteed help   dreadsteed help Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

dreadsteed help
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Emerald Valor :: Member Help Area :: Instance Runs-
Jump to: