Emerald Valor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Emerald Valor

For the members of the Emerald Valor guild.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

KARAZHAN!!!!!!!!!!

Go down 
+6
Arvernien
Nightloom
Killakozmo
Lassyran
Thegrmreaper
Annux
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Annux
Admin

KARAZHAN!!!!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: KARAZHAN!!!!!!!!!!   KARAZHAN!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 2:45 pm

Hey! I thought we might as well make this official. I would like to do a Karazhan run really soon. I know that we already have quite a few people keyed and some of you might be getting a bit antsy. I'm going to post a few times and we'll select which one works out for the most people.

Friday 4:00 ST
Friday 5:00 ST
Friday 6:00 ST

Saturday 12:00 ST
Saturday 1:00 ST
Saturday 2:00 ST
Saturday 3:00 ST
Saturday 4:00 ST
Saturday 5:00 ST
Saturday 6:00 ST

Sunday 2:00 ST
Sunday 3:00 ST
Sunday 4:00 ST
Sunday 5:00 ST
Sunday 6:00 ST

Go ahead and post any other times you think would work well. I can't wait to get this started. Hopefully we can kinda make it a weekly routine.
Back to top Go down
http://emeraldvalor.heavenforum.com
Thegrmreaper
Officer
Thegrmreaper

KARAZHAN!!!!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: KARAZHAN!!!!!!!!!!   KARAZHAN!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 8:42 pm

well i am not avaible this weekend i am camping
Back to top Go down
Lassyran
Admin
Lassyran

KARAZHAN!!!!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: KARAZHAN!!!!!!!!!!   KARAZHAN!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 2:35 am

Loraeille and I should be available after 2pm server time every night this week and all day Sunday. Let me know when is best for everyone else and remember we don't have to do it all in one go since it saves us to the raid for the whole week.
Back to top Go down
Killakozmo
Officer
Killakozmo

KARAZHAN!!!!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: KARAZHAN!!!!!!!!!!   KARAZHAN!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 3:21 am

I would be ok with wedsday/thursday night say around 5-6 est.but I have to go out of town this weakend or any time next weak and the weakend after i have been keyed for some time and realy am dieing to get in there glad to see that we R finaly geting to it ..T/Y KILLA Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Nightloom

KARAZHAN!!!!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Kara   KARAZHAN!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 9:44 am

Nightloom will be avail atm on Saturdays after 4:00ST thru Sun. before 11 pm EST. at least for the next few weeks.

~Nightloom
Back to top Go down
Arvernien
Fearless Leader

KARAZHAN!!!!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: KARAZHAN!!!!!!!!!!   KARAZHAN!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 6:49 pm

I'm a fan of the 2pm ST start time on either Saturday or Sunday. Arvernien still needs to complete CoT: The Dark Portal (Black Morass). I will try and get that done this weekend early enough to participate on Sunday.

Do we want to start thinking about which roles we have covered and which roles are open?

If I remember everyone's classes and spec - I've got 10 if I include Nightloom, whose spec/class I don't recall. And yes I know that Dloc and Dpre can't be on at the same time.

Tanks
Arvernien
Annux

Mage/CC/DPS
Tuluwen
Dloc
Killakozmo

Melee DPS
Lor
Nightloom

Ranged DPS (Hunters)
Lassyran

Healers
Thegrmreaper
HolyAlmighty
Dpre

Last edited by Arvernien on Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Annux
Admin

KARAZHAN!!!!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: KARAZHAN!!!!!!!!!!   KARAZHAN!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 11:35 pm

Ok, so I did something stupid earlier this week. I went into someone else's saved Karazhan to look around and it saved me to it. This is unfortunate because now I can't do anything until next Tuesday. That being said, Tipser and I are saved and therefore cannot participate in the Kara run scheduled for this week. If you would like to pick up a couple other people and run it, that would be awesome as well. Other than that, thanks for making a running list, Arv. It really helps to see what we have.

I think that, at the very least, we should start a signup for NEXT week (Sometime after next Tuesday). I will be the first time signup-ee. I would prefer either Friday or Saturday, although if all of us are on during a weekday and want to try it, I'm fine with that. Next week is spring beak for me, so I'll have oodles of free time.

P.S. Nightloom is a Rogue
Back to top Go down
http://emeraldvalor.heavenforum.com
Arvernien
Fearless Leader

KARAZHAN!!!!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: KARAZHAN!!!!!!!!!!   KARAZHAN!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 4:46 pm

I will use this weekend to get the final step completed.

Can we aim for Wednesday at 6pm Server Time?

Looking at the list, it looks like we'd need Dloc rather than Dpre, but having zero experience in Kara, I'm not the one to decide this.

Annux you and I should meet up to sort out between us who's going to be main and who's going to be off tank. I'm probably not geared well enough to main tank. My brother, who's run Kara many times, has said that druid main tanks don't seem to work.

Everyone should read the karazahn page on wowwiki. It's got lots of detail, a good map, and good suggestions.
Back to top Go down
Thegrmreaper
Officer
Thegrmreaper

KARAZHAN!!!!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: KARAZHAN!!!!!!!!!!   KARAZHAN!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2008 7:20 pm

This is what some posted as sugessted amror and stats from wowhead for karazhan
Thought it was funny none ever showed a "req" so, heres a little guide to armor:
Healers:
All healers are required to have 43 healing talents and need 1k heals except for paladan who need 700 bonus heals. Paladians are also required to have 20% spell crit.

Warriors (tanks):
490 defense (Uncrit)
15% in each Parry, and Dodge
15-25% Block
10.5-12k Hit points
10K hp unbuffed

Warriors (DPS)
Need to be fury unless they have the gear to support arms.

Feral Druids:
415 Defense (Uncrit)
30-40% Dodge
12-13k HP buffed.

Mages:
600dmg 25%crit 5%spell hit

Locks:
800dmg 10%crit 3%spell hit

Shadow Priest:
700dmg 10%crit 3%spell hit
All need 7k Health

Rogues/Hunters
1300 attack power
17%crit
7-8k Health

Shaman:(enhancement)
1100 Attack power
20% crit
7-8k
Back to top Go down
Arvernien
Fearless Leader

KARAZHAN!!!!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: KARAZHAN!!!!!!!!!!   KARAZHAN!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 11:16 am

Well, I meet most of the specs. I need a couple of things to improve.

1) Revered with Keepers of Time (only 1800 short - 1 run of BM). I will get a helm inscription adding to defense and "timewardens leggings" which will add a lot to my defense and stamina.

2) As many runs as it takes against Ambassador Hellmaw (Shadow labyrinth first boss) to get "Platinum Shield of the Valorious"

3) Sethekk Halls run to complete a quest for Ravenguard necklace.

If you need any of the same runs, look for me online and we can team up.
Back to top Go down
Lassyran
Admin
Lassyran

KARAZHAN!!!!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: KARAZHAN!!!!!!!!!!   KARAZHAN!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 1:00 am

I will not be available tomorrow for the run unfortunately; I have to work. I am working nights most of this week. So I may not be able to go at all and, depending on the timing, Lor will be unavailable as well since he is my ride to and from work. Sorry guys, maybe next week.
Back to top Go down
Haznabel

KARAZHAN!!!!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: KARAZHAN!!!!!!!!!!   KARAZHAN!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 4:02 pm

Hey guys, Haznabel here with a minor bit of advice for the mages.

Mages:
600dmg 25%crit 5%spell hit

600 or so spell damage is just about right.

5% spell hit is a little bit off. It is indeed hard to get much before raid gear starts dropping, but I would suggest socketing for spell hit when you can. Once you start getting +hit gear, you can resocket stuff (or more likely, socket with other stuff since the gear has the hit rating).

Mages need to stack spell hit rating 16-17% inorder to push resists off of the table with bosses. I have lost my links to Lhivera's General Mage thread on Elitist Jerks, but that thread taught me much in the ways of The Frost. Mages will notice that the bosses resist the heck out of their spells if they don't have much in the way of spell hit. It is far more cost efficient to socket a +8 spell hit gem instead of spell crit or spell damage or, god forbid, spell penetration. Crit rating and spell damage aren't going to help when Moroes or Aran resist every other spell.

In terms of enchantments, it is hard to go wrong with +15 spell hit to gloves for a quick jump. That is available from...Cenarion Expedition?...I forget at the moment, but it is a level 360 enchantment. I was just able to learn it this past weekend and will give it to anyone for free with your materials.

Personally, I don't worry about crit rating much. With Molten Armor active and a shaman's Totem of Wrath or a Boomkin Aura, or both!, your crit chance will be fantastic anyway.

I am not going to say anything about mage builds because I am a firm believer in playing the way you want to play. I happen to like my frost/arc build because it is mana efficient and I can survive most fights slightly longer than my peers.

If I haven't annoyed you with this post and you need a tenth, look for me. I would love to run with you all again!
Back to top Go down
Tuluwen
Admin
Tuluwen

KARAZHAN!!!!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: KARAZHAN!!!!!!!!!!   KARAZHAN!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 4:10 pm

Thank you so much for the advice! I am one of the few high level mages in the guild, and that helped me to understand what I'm in for much better. I'm arcane all the way, but frost would be my second choice. Please feel free to enjoy our forum. You are welcome to hang out with us here, as well as in-game. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Cenarius&n=Tuluwe
Haznabel

KARAZHAN!!!!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: KARAZHAN!!!!!!!!!!   KARAZHAN!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 11:59 am

Lhivera's Lively Links for Lucky Laser Mages:

Skeptical Mage is Fraught with Skepticism

Here is a thread with less information but an interesting discussion about balancing your ratings. After you meet your hit rating cap, what stat is more effective? Lots of people discuss. Some of the comments are outdated due to the patching since January.

I should fess up, I had only 400 or so spell damage on my first run of Kara. I was in all quest greens, with maybe a blue here and there, and basically skated by while the rest of the raid kept me up. This is an acceptable situation when the rest of the raid knows the fight and has gear, but it can get tough with The Curator, Shade of Aran, and Prince Malchezaar. Nightbane and Netherspite are right out. I was lucky that my guildies were patient with me. I was also lucky because I was given every single piece of cloth that dropped... cyclops

If you happen to check out my armory profile, please note that I last logged out in my non-raid boss gear. I swap Vengeance of the Illidari for the Scryer's Bloodgem and my turban for a horned helmet with +14 hit or something but about half the damage. I also enchanted both of my helms with the Honor Hold healing head sigil for an extra +12 spell damage and +7 mp5. Too bad the +35 healing doesn't affect bandages. Idea

I have a long way to go before I can get the Sha'Tar head sigil with +22 spell damage and +14 spell hit.

I also want to note that I do very little PvP with my mage. My adivce will be worthless in PvP. In terms of melee, I think melee classes only need like 3% hit but I would check that out yourself.
Back to top Go down
Calamaethor
Calamaethor

KARAZHAN!!!!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: KARAZHAN!!!!!!!!!!   KARAZHAN!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 2:09 pm

The new patch is out folks! Karazhan no longer requires any key!
Back to top Go down
Loraeille
Loraeille

KARAZHAN!!!!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: KARAZHAN!!!!!!!!!!   KARAZHAN!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 4:15 am

It no longer requires that 'every' member has the key. Someone must still be around to open the door, and considering the wipe potential in Kara, it's best if someone on the team has the key Smile. Don't completely avoid the attuning just because of this change, as it's still good practice and gear readying for your char.
Back to top Go down
Calamaethor
Calamaethor

KARAZHAN!!!!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: KARAZHAN!!!!!!!!!!   KARAZHAN!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 9:22 am

Ah, my bad on that Lor. Must have read it wrong.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

KARAZHAN!!!!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: KARAZHAN!!!!!!!!!!   KARAZHAN!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

KARAZHAN!!!!!!!!!!
Page 1 of 1