Emerald Valor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Emerald Valor

For the members of the Emerald Valor guild.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Holy vs. Shadow

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Everit
Everit

Holy vs. Shadow Empty
PostSubject: Holy vs. Shadow   Holy vs. Shadow Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 8:31 am

Ok now that is the question of the year..
Have you ever seen a holy priest kill things, i have i watched one on the island doing dailys.. i was killing 3-5 things in the time it took her to kill one.. I would love to go holy, but that poses a problem "I wouldn't be able to beat my way out of a wet paper bag!" I know that it would benifit the guild. As we are short on tanks and healers. And i want to do it. I guess my thing is that i should really put some effort in raising my alt to be my main.. Any help would be appreciated.. or any questions, comments, suggestions would be nice also

Ev.
Back to top Go down
Detrimental
Officer
Detrimental

Holy vs. Shadow Empty
PostSubject: holy sure is popular   Holy vs. Shadow Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 11:43 am

It is true that holy priests have more difficulty killing things. The other day Dpre asked for help with the dailies for that very reason - you should not be shy about doing the same thing if you decide to switch.

As a holy priest, I think you will have lots of opportunities to join groups, and that would need to be your focus, since healers don't solo very well. Of course your brother and you would make a formidable two-some. Arv has a friend, Oosill, a shammy healer, and they met in their thirties. We ran with Oosill the other day, and he had all dropped epic gear - every slot, whereas Arv has only a few. The reason for the descrepancy? Healers can go to any instance anytime they want, pretty much.

If you're on alone and are not having fun soloing because you have trouble killing things, then work on your alt. Your attitude about what your character is for has to be switched just as much as its spec.

You should not switch just because it's good for the guild, but because it's what you want to do. Some people really enjoy healing. If you find that you don't, you can always respec back again. It's only money. I'm selfish - I want you to respec because it's good for me. It will be more likely that I can join/create a group - a complete group - with people I enjoy running with. You should not feel pressured though, you have to live with the decision.

Good luck, and let me know if I can help with your dailies anytime.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Cenarius&n=Detrim
Lassyran
Admin
Lassyran

Holy vs. Shadow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holy vs. Shadow   Holy vs. Shadow Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 6:36 am

Since you got a taste of heroic healing last night I'm wondering how that has influenced your decision...
Det brings up a good point, as a holy priest you will have untold opportunities to join pick up groups for any instance or raid in the game. The other option is: keep the healing gear and stay shadow, but respec for raids. It gets expensive, but depending on what you want to do with your priest it may be beneficial to you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Holy vs. Shadow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holy vs. Shadow   Holy vs. Shadow Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Holy vs. Shadow
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Emerald Valor :: Member Help Area :: I Need Help!-
Jump to: