Emerald Valor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Emerald Valor

For the members of the Emerald Valor guild.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Onyxia's Lair Attunement

Go down 
+2
Arvernien
Loraeille
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Loraeille
Loraeille

Onyxia's Lair Attunement Empty
PostSubject: Onyxia's Lair Attunement   Onyxia's Lair Attunement Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 3:15 pm

As posted in Group Calendar. Time and Date subject to change.
Levels 65-70 primary candidates. First sign up, first accepted(per class as needed).

Primary goal will be the last quest of the chain, to retrieve the blood from the final boss in Upper Blackrock Spire, a 10-man lvl 60 raid. The previous few quests, (The Dragon's Eye, The Great Masquerade, and Stormwind Rendevous) may be completed as well if needed.

In order to come, you must have completed up to the Stormwind Rendevous quest. The completed quests include: Dragonkin Menace, The True Masters(Parts 1-6), Marshal Windsor, Abandoned Hope, A Crumpled Up Note, A Shred of Hope, and Jail Break.

Overall, besides being good practice for current end game raids, such as Karazhan and Gruul's Lair, I know there's some interest in this attunement and it could be fun Smile.

Consider this fair warning and notice. Onyxia is waiting - Be ready.
Back to top Go down
Arvernien
Fearless Leader

PostSubject: Re: Onyxia's Lair Attunement   Onyxia's Lair Attunement Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 7:09 pm

I'm up for it. I've gotten to the point of quest chain that requires going to UBRS. Unfortunately I have not yet done LBRS.

I'll also reply to the Group Calendar post.
Back to top Go down
Killakozmo
Officer
Killakozmo

PostSubject: Re: Onyxia's Lair Attunement   Onyxia's Lair Attunement Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 9:01 am

Twisted Evil I'm Game I do think Killa has some of the first quest done but I will look into it asap.I've been wanting to do this for some time .Let me know if there is anyone that want's to team up for these Per quest ...?

drunken
Back to top Go down
Pepsit
Pepsit

PostSubject: Re: Onyxia's Lair Attunement   Onyxia's Lair Attunement Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 5:29 am

kILLA PEPSIT ROGUE WANTS TO GO
Back to top Go down
Lassyran
Admin
Lassyran

PostSubject: Re: Onyxia's Lair Attunement   Onyxia's Lair Attunement Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 2:42 pm

Lor and I spent the other day getting our keys for UBRS, so we'll be able to let anyone in when the time comes. Mine is not quite complete, but will be shortly. I need to kill one more boss for the gem. Anyone who wants the key: Lor and I cleaned out LBRS together, If you go in groups of three at level 70 and run it three times (the gems only drop for one person) it is wicked easy to get the key. The guy who gives you the quest for it is kinda hard to find, but check out thottbot and it'll tell you exactly where he is. After you get all the pieces hoof it to Wyrmbog in Dustwallow (by Theramore and Mudsprocket) to defeat a dragon and finish the key. Only one person in the raid has to have the key so it's totally up to you guys if you want to go after it or not. Hope you all have a good time. I'll be back in 2 weeks!
Back to top Go down
Arvernien
Fearless Leader

PostSubject: Re: Onyxia's Lair Attunement   Onyxia's Lair Attunement Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 3:45 pm

I'll set up a LBRS run on Group Calendar for this weekend. If you want to go, check your calendar tonight (after 10pm Server - it's going to be a long day at the office).
Back to top Go down
Detrimental
Officer
Detrimental

PostSubject: confused as usual   Onyxia's Lair Attunement Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 3:38 am

As usual, I'm confused.

On 8/25, Arv helped Det and Narlii get to the quest Drakefire amulet. We now to to BRS to "activate" it. This is, I believe, the key to Onyxia's lair, but it doesn't involve gems.

So what relationship does this quest chain/key have to the unadorned vs. forged seal of ascension? The seal of ascension, on wowikki and wowhead jus appears to be a ring with +10 resistence to 3 types of magic. So what? What does that have to do with Onyxia?

In searching both sites, I see no mention of "attunement." As far as I can tell, if you have the key, you go right in. So what is it exactly that's planned for this Saturday? Are we actually going into Onyxia's lair to fight her? If so, and Lor already has the key, why should anyone else bother to pursue this long and frustrating quest chain?

Someone, please, set me straight.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Cenarius&n=Detrim
Loraeille
Loraeille

PostSubject: Re: Onyxia's Lair Attunement   Onyxia's Lair Attunement Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 1:30 pm

Alright, I'll try to clarify as much as I can.

First off:
The Drakefire Amulet quest, which is the end of the quest line listed in the first post here, is what attunes you for Onyxia's Lair. When you finish it, you get the Drakefire Amulet, which must be in your possession, but not necessarily worn, to get into her Lair. Every raid member must have this item.

Second:
In order to finish the last bit of that quest line, you have to go into Upper Blackrock Spire and kill the end boss. This gets you what you need to have the quest giver make the Drakefire Amulet.

Third:
However, in order to get into UBRS, at least one person (I believe only one, though I may have to double check that) must have the Seal of Ascension ring, the actual item, that Det mentioned above.

Fourth:
To get the Seal of Ascension is where the gems mentioned come in. In LBRS, a Unadorned Seal of Ascension item drops, and each of the four(?) main bosses drops a gem, each of which must be in the players possession for the Vaelen guy to make the Adorned Seal of Ascension, which then requires a few more quests to turn into the Seal of Ascension ring.

Note: In order to turn in the Adorned Seal for the Seal ring, you (or possibly someone in your party) must have another Unadorned Seal of Ascension in their possession, or else Vaelen won't even talk to you.

So...:
The Seal of Ascension ring is the 'key' to get into UBRS.
The Onyxia quest chain finishes with a run through UBRS.
The Drakefire Amulet from the Onyxia quest chain is required to get into Onyxia's Lair.

And to answer your final question, the run this Saturday will be through UBRS in order to finish the Onyxia quest chain and get the Drakefire Amulet. It's extremely unlikely that we'll actually go against Onyxia herself then. Since UBRS is a 10 man raid and Onyxia is a 40 man raid, we'll have to hit UBRS at least a couple times to get enough people attuned.

Please be ready for the UBRS run by completing as much of the Onyxia quest chain as you can. You must at the very 'least' have completed the BRD section of it to join in the group.

Also, yes, I do have the Seal of Ascension ring for getting into UBRS. So as long as only one person needs it, we're fine there. However, since UBRS has to be run more than once, as more than 10 people will likely want to go to Onyxia, and likely be needed for her, it certainly wouldn't hurt more people to have the Seal of Ascension.
Back to top Go down
Arvernien
Fearless Leader

PostSubject: Re: Onyxia's Lair Attunement   Onyxia's Lair Attunement Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 4:20 pm

Onyxia is pretty easy for a group of 70s. We should be able to take her down with 10 to 15 level 70s if the group includes a lot o ranged dps.

Loot that we may want: I hear that she drops a 20 slot bag.

Narlii, Det and I plan on going into LBRS tonight to work on the seal of ascension. We have the Drakefire Amulet quest.
Back to top Go down
Detrimental
Officer
Detrimental

PostSubject: seal of ascension   Onyxia's Lair Attunement Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 2:38 pm

Arv, Det and Narlii did indeed go into LBRS, and assisted Lassyran in getting her 3rd and last gem, so she has the adorned seal. All three guys got the unadorned seal, and in the process, Arv got the first two gems. After that, Lassy ran Det through, and he got all three gems. That was really hard for the two of us, and I stayed up way, way, way to late. Work is tough today! In any case, when Arv gets the third gem, he and I will be at the same spot in the quests chains as Lassy.

I think I'm unconfused now (Correct me if I'm wrong). We have to to to Dustwallow to kill a dragon to turn the adorned seals of ascension into seal of ascension rings, and we will then each have a key to open the 10-man raid Upper Black Rock Spire, which will in turn allow us to complete the drakefire amulet quest, and thus we will all be "attuned" to enter Onyxia's Lair. Since after Dustwallow, will have several more keys to UBRS, we should be able to get more and more people attuned to Onyxia's lair over time - that is, everyone who has completed the BRD chain.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Cenarius&n=Detrim
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Onyxia's Lair Attunement   Onyxia's Lair Attunement Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Onyxia's Lair Attunement
Page 1 of 1