Emerald Valor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Emerald Valor

For the members of the Emerald Valor guild.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My new favorite Add-ons

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Detrimental
Officer
Detrimental

My new favorite Add-ons Empty
PostSubject: My new favorite Add-ons   My new favorite Add-ons Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 2:25 pm

What are your favorite Add-ons and Why? (I thought I had seen someone start this discussion somewhere else, but I can't find it, so I'm starting it again).

I have three new favorite add-ons, which all work together to dramatically enhance my game play:
Lightheaded, Doublewide and TomTom

Lightheaded adds a panel to your quest log. When you click on a quest, it loads WoWhead quest information, so you don't have to alt-tab out of the game. If you want to level quickly, this is a must-have. Thanks to Stahr (where is he anyway?) and Glowbug for turning me on to this one. If you prefer wandering around aimlessly looking for the object of a quest and admiring the scenery then this is not for you. You can collapse the Lighteheaded extra panel in the quest log if you want.

Doublewide makes the quest log window, um double-wide. Two panels side-by-side, so you can see the list of quests and see the in-game description of the specific quest you've highlighted. The Lightheaded panel makes the quest dialog three panels wide, which takes up most of the screen, which some may find annoying, but I actually spend a lot less time reading the quest log now because of...

TomTom allows you to put dots ("waypoints") on your map, so you can find what you're looking for. This works very well with Lightheaded: If there are coordinates in the WoWhead description, you just right-click the coordinates, and TomTom puts a dot there, even if it's in another district of the world map. When you arrive at the location, it automatically clears the dot and tells you in the chat window which waypoint you've arrived at. What's great is if you have a number of quests, you can pick the most expedient route to 'connect the dots' - no more going back to an area because you didn't realize you had another quest nearby. Thanks again to Glowbug for this one.

So... What are your favorite add-ons?
Back to top Go down
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Cenarius&n=Detrim
Arvernien
Fearless Leader

PostSubject: Re: My new favorite Add-ons   My new favorite Add-ons Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 4:09 pm

If you want super-fast leveling then this seems to be the way to go. Certainly Lightheaded and Tomtom would greatly increase the speed that you complete quests.
Back to top Go down
Glowbug
Glowbug

PostSubject: Re: My new favorite Add-ons   My new favorite Add-ons Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 12:17 am

No problem!! Anything to help keep you in the world & movin' on up!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My new favorite Add-ons   My new favorite Add-ons Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My new favorite Add-ons
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Emerald Valor :: General :: General Discussion-
Jump to: