Emerald Valor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Emerald Valor

For the members of the Emerald Valor guild.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Det's notes on tailoring (also does skinning if you need leather, scales, etc.)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Detrimental
Officer
Detrimental

Det's notes on tailoring (also does skinning if you need leather, scales, etc.) Empty
PostSubject: Det's notes on tailoring (also does skinning if you need leather, scales, etc.)   Det's notes on tailoring (also does skinning if you need leather, scales, etc.) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 1:31 pm

Detrimental has finally just reached 350 Tailoring, despite not having (dis)enchanting to get some of the mats needed at higher levels. I have lived off of the generosity of others, especially Jethrin and Everit (who, truth be told benefited as well, up to the point where DE no longer gave them skill points). So now I can start making primal mooncloth, spell cloth and shadow cloth and soon primal mooncloth bags (20 slot general purpose), spellcloth bags (24-slot enchanter bags) and shadowcloth bags (24-slot lock soul shard bags) but with the requirements for primals and the incredibly long cool-downs, I won't be making many.

Regarding bags...
As I got some of the mats that are needed for imbued netherweave bags from Everit, I made a few for myself and for friends, and have subsequently received a number of requests for these 18 slot bags, usually accompanied by a portion of what's needed to make one, so to be fair, I thought I would list what is required (and where they come from):
72 netherweave cloths (grind in Outland, especially ogres)
6 arcane dusts (disenchant)
1 greater planar essence (DE)
2 netherweb spider silks (grinding spiders in Outland)*

* Someone please tell me if there's a better place to farm the appropriate spiders for netherweb spider silk - the ones just south of Allerian Stronghold have a terrible drop rate!

By comparison, for only 2 storage slots less, a 16-slot neatherweave bag requires only 36 neatherweave cloths (and 2x cheap vendor runethread) which = 6 bolts.

I am happy to make bags for guildies if you supply the complete set of mats. If you don't have at least 16-slot bags across the board, grab some netherweave and contact me.

For anyone leveling tailoring - after 300, it will require literally well over a thousand netherweave cloths. Start saving up as soon as you get any access to netherweave, and get all your non-tailor friends to donate.

Final note, at 375 skinning, I can (and do) skin anything and everything that is skinnable. If any of you are leatherworkers who need some esoteric leather product, please ask - I keep lots of strange bits just in case. Just for you! I also collect TONS of knothide leather and knothide scraps, and am happy to donate so you can level up your leatherworking skill (just ask Flavish!).

Last edited by Detrimental on Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Cenarius&n=Detrim
Lassyran
Admin
Lassyran

Det's notes on tailoring (also does skinning if you need leather, scales, etc.) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Det's notes on tailoring (also does skinning if you need leather, scales, etc.)   Det's notes on tailoring (also does skinning if you need leather, scales, etc.) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 8:16 am

For those of you who have asked, the netherweave silks Det is referring to are actually called Netherweb Spider Silk.
I am 375 tailoring and available for questions, but please forward creation requests to Detrimental until we get his skill maxed.
Back to top Go down
Detrimental
Officer
Detrimental

PostSubject: Re: Det's notes on tailoring (also does skinning if you need leather, scales, etc.)   Det's notes on tailoring (also does skinning if you need leather, scales, etc.) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 11:22 am

oops, thanks Lassy, fixed in original.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Cenarius&n=Detrim
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Det's notes on tailoring (also does skinning if you need leather, scales, etc.)   Det's notes on tailoring (also does skinning if you need leather, scales, etc.) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Det's notes on tailoring (also does skinning if you need leather, scales, etc.)
Page 1 of 1