Emerald Valor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Emerald Valor

For the members of the Emerald Valor guild.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Not sure what way to go yet...but..Skinning/Minning

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Pepsit
Pepsit

Not sure what way to go yet...but..Skinning/Minning Empty
PostSubject: Not sure what way to go yet...but..Skinning/Minning   Not sure what way to go yet...but..Skinning/Minning Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 6:03 am

Hey Everyone! This is Pepsit!! Your lovable hugable gnome rogue, thats right lovable...lol. Ok. Down to business. I am currently a farmer for Leather and Ore. I am planning to go Leatherworking and Engineering but I am really looking for some insight. I dont have any other LW but I do have another miner at 375.

Also at this guilds disposal I have a 379 JC character name is Pepsitron. I can cut any epic jem of the Isle, and I really dont have any other recipes but if you come across some I am willing to pay you and cut all gems for free. ( Free anyways cause y'all are guildies) So feel free to ask.

Thank you all again!

~Pepsit!

bounce Remember hugable and lovable. lol!

Last edited by Pepsit on Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:05 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I hate grammar mistakes...^,^!)
Back to top Go down
Arvernien
Fearless Leader

PostSubject: Re: Not sure what way to go yet...but..Skinning/Minning   Not sure what way to go yet...but..Skinning/Minning Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 7:47 pm

If you go with two crafting professiong (leatherworking and mining) you'll need to have a source for the raw materials. You have the mining on another toon, do you have a skinner to back you up?

Mining and Skinning will help you get the necessary cash for mounts and training as you level. You might want to keep these two until you reach level 60.
Back to top Go down
Pepsit
Pepsit

PostSubject: ok   Not sure what way to go yet...but..Skinning/Minning Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 7:32 am

Ugh....I can always get better gear from instances and raids so...I will stay farmer for now.

Any other suggestions?
Back to top Go down
Detrimental
Officer
Detrimental

PostSubject: which professions   Not sure what way to go yet...but..Skinning/Minning Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 7:05 pm

Why not consider the most obvious, skinning and leatherworking?

Skinning is far and away the easiest to level, and to collect with, but the cash returns are somewhat limited without leatherworking. Even though I'm not LW, the significant money I make with leatherworking is only possible because I have a generous and loyal friend who will "process' my leather, making it more sellable.

As a rogue, with LW you can likely make interim things to use to get those better drops.

From my very limited low-level alt mining experience, I personally find mining frustrating, time-consuming, disruptive when the party is traveling, and highly storage intensive, whereas processing leather actually reduces the storage burden, so you can carry more of the fruits of your labors.

If you're strictly in it for the money while you level, I bet leatherworking (as an adjunct to skinning) is more profitable than mining as a stand-alone skill, i.e., with no manufacturing skill to turn the raw materials into better-selling things. And, you already have a miner - try something different!

I know you're asking about primary professions, but don't ignore the secondary professions - all three are good for making money.

Some of people laugh at me, but I made the most money while leveling from fishing. i still make good money at it at level 70 and it is invaluable for getting mats for buff foods (which I use, sell and give to my friends), plus I get lots of motes of water, scrolls, and other miscellaneous stuff.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Cenarius&n=Detrim
Pepsit
Pepsit

PostSubject: I did I made up my mind but waitting till 60!   Not sure what way to go yet...but..Skinning/Minning Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 2:52 pm

I am going to be skinning. Leatherworking. Anyone have any extra plans on the side I am sure if my gnome gave ya puppy eyes he could get them....lol j/k Nah if you have some available plz post here and let me know.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Not sure what way to go yet...but..Skinning/Minning   Not sure what way to go yet...but..Skinning/Minning Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Not sure what way to go yet...but..Skinning/Minning
Page 1 of 1