Emerald Valor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Emerald Valor

For the members of the Emerald Valor guild.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Karazhan Raid for Saturday May 17th or Sunday May 18th. **CANCELED**

Go down 
+2
Detrimental
Loraeille
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Loraeille
Loraeille

Karazhan Raid for Saturday May 17th or Sunday May 18th. **CANCELED** Empty
PostSubject: Karazhan Raid for Saturday May 17th or Sunday May 18th. **CANCELED**   Karazhan Raid for Saturday May 17th or Sunday May 18th. **CANCELED** Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 1:46 pm

Another weekend approaches, and so comes another chance to raid. Sign up here with availability times, as well as class type. Though I think I know the classes for most of those who may apply, there may be new 70s or completely new members out there interested. So then, the team positions to be filled are, as usual...:

Main Tank:
Off Tank:
Main Healer:
Secondary Healer:
DPS/CC:
DPS/CC:
DPS/CC:
DPS/CC:

Exceptions can be made if we can't get the people of the particular types that we need, so don't be afraid to sign up here no matter what (so long as you're 70th). Everything's open till availability is set.

Last edited by Loraeille on Sun May 18, 2008 11:32 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Detrimental
Officer
Detrimental

PostSubject: Kara here we come!   Karazhan Raid for Saturday May 17th or Sunday May 18th. **CANCELED** Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 5:15 pm

Class type: Destruction Warlock - range DPS, not good for much crowd control in this instance except for demons, but I'll remember to use the shadow/arcane damage boosting curse this time!

Available times: Saturday, but must be logged off by no later than 4:00 ST, also available Sunday, but would prefer as early as possible - ideally finished by noonish ST.

Having just participated in a anarchic raid with a big raiding guild, I SO much look forward to the EV Kara run! The difference is night and day.

I know Arvernien will be out of town. I also know he will read this anyway. Arv, would you please share your synopsis of things we could do better, based on your poring over the blow-by-blow combat log of your last Kara run?

Excitedly,

Det
Back to top Go down
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Cenarius&n=Detrim
Lassyran
Admin
Lassyran

PostSubject: Re: Karazhan Raid for Saturday May 17th or Sunday May 18th. **CANCELED**   Karazhan Raid for Saturday May 17th or Sunday May 18th. **CANCELED** Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 10:09 pm

I'm working most of the weekend, but I can be available Sunday morning if that works for anyone besides Lor, Det, and myself. Smile
Back to top Go down
Arvernien
Fearless Leader

PostSubject: Re: Karazhan Raid for Saturday May 17th or Sunday May 18th. **CANCELED**   Karazhan Raid for Saturday May 17th or Sunday May 18th. **CANCELED** Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 2:14 pm

As Detrimental said I have analyzed a lot of the data from the combat log. I have mostly been looking at what I could do better, but I did see a few other things:

The Attumen battle
At the beginning everyone attacks midnight until Attumen shows up. The main tank takes Attumen and pulls him away from the group so he can't cleave anyone. At this point all damage should be focused on Midnight. No one except the main tank should bother with Attumen.

There was some difficulty transferring the boss from Annux to Arvernien. Attumen is immune to taunts so everyone has to stop DPS except the main tank. It's hard when he's beating on you, but turn off auto-attack and stand by the main tank.

Once the battle is engaged and Attumen is clearly on the main tank everyone else needs to be within 8 yards and at the horses rump. If you are in the front half you will be hit with a shadow cleave which does ~4000 to cloth. If you are more than 8 yards away he'll charge you which does ~3000 and a knock down affect. We didn't have a problem with the charge, but a few people were inside the cleave range.

Other battles:
In general we need to have a few seconds of patience and let the main tank/off tank cement threat on the mobs before DPS starts. It really means wait a few seconds before casting. Hopefully, you will find a paladin or another warrior willing to tank (I wish I could be there). Let him start building threat for at least 3 full seconds, then start your long (3 second) cast spell. Threat generally was pulled by someone who waited one second then cast a fast spell that critically hit the target. The caster was then instantly put on the top of the threat list. That's when the beatings really started.

Omen
Make sure you have the latest version of Omen, when soloing look at your TPS (threat per second) and make a note of it. When you then join with someone who will tank for you compare your TPS with theirs. It's okay to be very close, but don't exceeed it.

Deadly Boss Mods
I recommend someone have this mod. It keeps track of boss actions like spell timers and other scripted attacks (like Blackheart the inciter's mind control). The user of this mod can also broadcast to the raid the remaining time until such actions.

Finally
Have lots of fun and I hope you are able to defeat both Attumen and Moroes!
Back to top Go down
Tuber
Officer

PostSubject: Re: Karazhan Raid for Saturday May 17th or Sunday May 18th. **CANCELED**   Karazhan Raid for Saturday May 17th or Sunday May 18th. **CANCELED** Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 4:49 pm

I should be available for most of the weekend. Just let me know the time before Friday.
Back to top Go down
Detrimental
Officer
Detrimental

PostSubject: karazhan this weekend   Karazhan Raid for Saturday May 17th or Sunday May 18th. **CANCELED** Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 7:00 pm

I'd like to suggest that we go ahead and pick a time and start advertising in-game - there are new members and new 70s who probably don't visit the guild site that often.

Sunday morning, meet at 8:30, in the instance by 9:00 am ST.

Lor, Lassy, Tuber and myself, so far can make that time.

If we don't get the full compliment, we can do an heroic instead (I've never done heroic). At least this way I have something to base my domestic negitiations on. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Cenarius&n=Detrim
Loraeille
Loraeille

PostSubject: Re: Karazhan Raid for Saturday May 17th or Sunday May 18th. **CANCELED**   Karazhan Raid for Saturday May 17th or Sunday May 18th. **CANCELED** Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 9:10 pm

Okay, so as of now the only responses have been for Early-ish Sunday. However, we have no healer or tank interest yet, and as Arv is out for a few weeks, Grm left to join a raiding guild again, and I've no idea when Annux will be interested in raiding again, our chances of hitting Kara this weekend are very slim. To any that haven't posted interest yet, feel free, but let it be known, our 70 population is minimal right now.
Back to top Go down
Arvernien
Fearless Leader

PostSubject: Re: Karazhan Raid for Saturday May 17th or Sunday May 18th. **CANCELED**   Karazhan Raid for Saturday May 17th or Sunday May 18th. **CANCELED** Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 11:48 pm

A new member of the guild Dannegos is a protection spec warrior and just hit level 70. It would be nice to get him involved. We can always use more tanks!

Also, I will be back in town on May 24th and could easily add a Karazhan run to my 3 day weekend. The weekend is wide open at this point. If you schedule a raid for that weekend count on me joining.
Back to top Go down
Zyamdone

PostSubject: kara   Karazhan Raid for Saturday May 17th or Sunday May 18th. **CANCELED** Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 8:05 am

i am interested sunday would be good
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Karazhan Raid for Saturday May 17th or Sunday May 18th. **CANCELED**   Karazhan Raid for Saturday May 17th or Sunday May 18th. **CANCELED** Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Karazhan Raid for Saturday May 17th or Sunday May 18th. **CANCELED**
Page 1 of 1